The Acro was the first true acrobatic suit available on the market, featuring rear inlets for back flying and RW style leg grips for docking. The Shadow 2 builds on the Acro platform, and offers limitless new opportunities for pilots interested in acrobatics, wing suit relative work, freestyle flying and B.A.S.E.
The Shadow 2 has been specifically developed for pilots interested in back flying, wing suit relative work, freestyle flying and wingsuit B.A.S.E.
The design of the Shadow 2 greatly enhances the suits manoeuvrability offering many new possibilities in areas such as acrobatics and docked flight.
The Shadow 2 armwing leading edge is straight, changing the flying position to give the pilot much more flexibility. The symmetrical wing profiles and tapered trailing edge also combine to enhance manoeuvrability. The Shadow flies in the so-called "mono-wing" style, it is easier and more intuitive to perform sharp turns, solid carves, rolls, dives and swoops.
Based on the established platform of the Phantom2 and Acro wingsuit, the suit combines the best features of both products into a whole new platform.
The Shadow was designed with input from the Norwegian VKB B.A.S.E. jumping experts, for the intent of proximity flying.
Hence the name, Shadow
The Shadow 2 replaces the established Shadow wingsuit and has the following new features:
• Corrected trailing edge shape on arm & leg wing
• Additional rib added on the leg wing, smoothing out the trailing edge on the leg wing
• relocated inlet design on arm & leg wing
• streamlined patterns for the body and lower leg
• optional performance foam in sleeve for smooth leading edge
The Shadow 2 retains the following features from the orginal Shadow
• New air locked inlets offer excellent pressurization in all orientations.
• Fast & Simple assembly thanks to over the shoulder zips.
• New cable cut away system, positioned on the arm sleeve.
• Parapack panels improve durability and offer more colour options
• Tapered arm wings leave your hands free to take grips, the clever wingdesign also makes acrobatic manoeuvres easier.
• Symmetrical wing profiles ensure efficient lift generation with the suit flying in either orientation.
• Swept back armwing profile, allowing easy acces to BOC (B.A.S.E. and skydive)
• Arm sleeve is cut straight to allow arm to be flown with the bicep at the leading edge, this position allows the shoulders to be more flexible improving precision and manoeuvrability.
The Shadow 2 is made to the same high standards as the other Phoenix-Fly products, utilising high grade materials and robust double stitching seam construction (as used for canopy manufacture).
Your Shadow 2 will be custom made to order, tailored to your measurements.
In this product overview, you can compare the different suit features, and see which suit fits your intended use in the best possible way.
|Shadow 2 - product overview|
|ease of flight
The Shadow is rated for all experience levels and suitable for use in first flight courses.
Jarno Cordia, Costyn van Dongen